February 22, two Iranian warships in the Mediterranean came after taking the Suez Canal, to participate in a joint maritime exercise with the Syrian navy. The Israeli intelligence services have said they "closely monitoring" the boats, not that they represent a direct threat to Israel, but "because of the symbolic importance of their passage and to avoid their engage in greater provocation, "the newspaper reported from Tel Aviv.
- Suez canal has no notification of Iran ship passage (17/02/2011)
- RPT-Egypt Suez Canal told Iran warship passing scrapped - Reuters (17/02/2011)
- Iran ships approach Suez, Israel takes "grave view" - Reuters (20/02/2011)
- Egypt: Iran warships won't pass through Suez Canal (17/02/2011)
- Iran scraps warships' Suez trip (17/02/2011)