Friday, May 6, 2011

ARAB WORLD - One God is enough!

We are in Brussels, April 3, and the "European capital" is hosting a conference on "Arab revolution". I am one of the guests and, wandering through the corridors of the hotel, I came across another speaker, trade unionist Fethy Egyptian Tamer, who took an active part in the revolution in his country.

"How is Egypt since Mubarak drove it from power?" I asked, almost candidly, in my Egyptian friend. "Oh," exclaimed Fethy Tamer, Egypt has no god, she has no god and you know what? She did not need a god! " Tamer was joking, of course! He was holding a cigarette in his hand and he did not want to take the lead.

But he spoke true ... The god that evokes a value of metaphor. This is not what Muslims pray five times a day, turning toward Mecca, but another human, physical, mental as some, but not at all spiritual. It is a second god. To be honest, Tamer explained with simple words that Egypt does not go so well ...

and it was not so bad. Security is not 100% because the police are in hiding. The Islamists are the peacemakers for now, but it is cyclical and that it can switch at any time. The army did not shoot anyone, but it may well do so because it is still very nervous. The economic crisis darkens the sky, and not tomorrow the day that the unemployed may find jobs.

In short, everything goes wrong in Egypt. But the Egyptians are doing well! And it's not even contradictory. This tour de force, this miracle (of being good when everything goes wrong), my Egyptian friend explains: "Mubarak drew its legitimacy from its alleged role in unifying a bulwark (against Islamists, the chaos cons) .

It is no longer there, and it's as if god was the unifying gone. And this is not good. But it is free, it is no longer under the guardianship of person, we feel good, and it suffices for our happiness. You breathe, you can taste! " My friend Tamer I also mentioned two or three little interesting thoughts.

And I can not repress the need to share this with you. "Since god-Mubarak is gone, and even if I did not especially seem to have changed is the look of others on me has changed. When I travel in Europe, I am less stigmatized, they look at me differently, as if it respected me more, as if it began, finally, consider me a normal man, universal ...

In short, a man like any other. " But who needs yet another god, a new god, a second god in the Arab world? Let me reassure you right away: in asking this question, your servant has no intention of founding the first atheist party in Moroccan land. It would be absurd even if the time, ours, made as much boiling as revolution, permitting.

And even if atheists, he found it very few, here, yes, in the land of Islam. My purpose is absolutely not a religious but a political and a little culture. I think the deeper meaning of the Arab revolution is there before us: the Arab youth no longer has any need for a second god. She has one and it was enough.

Because the culture of the rais, the Leader's [the Valiant], tutor, teacher, father, Superman, "God," one who knows everything, has had its day, and it is clear that it is now behind us. Walking through the streets of Brussels, I was approached by a young woman who asked me the fire. She spoke to me in Arabic.

I allowed myself to ask: "Are you Arabic? - No, she replied, I am Amazigh." I could not help thinking: "My God, we have so many problems to solve, we, Arabs and Berbers, believers or atheists, Muslims, Jews or Christians, people of Arab lands. Who are we and how, in whom we believe? " Maybe if we offloading need a second false god finally we would arrive at a clearer picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment