Friday, May 20, 2011

Strauss-Kahn resigned as director of the IMF strongly deny all allegations

Dominique Strauss-Kahn has resigned as IMF managing director, as announced in a statement the day after Strauss-Kahn was detained in New York accused of sexually assaulting a waitress in a hotel floor. "I reject in the strongest possible all the allegations were made against me," Strauss-Kahn said in his resignation letter, released by the IMF.

"At this moment of infinite sadness," Strauss-Kahn said in his letter of resignation, "I think before anyone in my wife, my children and my friends who I love more than anyone in the world ... ". French politician denies guilt all the time in the sex scandal that has been involved "strongly deny all allegations that have been made against me, with this decision I want to protect the institution in which I served and devote all my time and energy to prove my innocence.

" Strauss-Kahn, the statement, made that decision "infinite sadness" and thinking, first, his wife, - "that I love more than anything," he says, his children, his family and friends. The brief statement also reminded his colleagues of the IMF: "We have achieved great things in the last three years or so," he said.

Since his arrest in New York on Saturday after being charged with several sex crimes against a waitress in a hotel in Manhattan, has increased pressure for DSK submit his resignation to the front of the body which was for three years. Timothy Geithner, U.S. Treasury Secretary, which is the main shareholder in the IMF, had claimed that Strauss-Kahn "is not in position to lead the IMF and in the same direction had ruled the British Foreign Minister, William Hague, emphasizing that DSK is in a "very difficult position." The French politician had been practicing as IMF managing director since November 2007, succeeding Rodrigo Rato, and its mandate was valid until 2012.

The Washington-based agency had not ruled on the future of Strauss-Kahn until Thursday. At this time assumed the leadership of an interim IMF John Lipsky, the number two in the body, and opens the race for his succession, amid calls for greater transparency in the election of its new leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment