Saturday, May 21, 2011

Brabo, began talking about the World Cup and finished accusing of spying

"As a movie" Manu Brabo lived his arrest on April 5, by Gaddafi's troops at the front line in Libya. Despite tough times happened, never lost hope of being free. Spanish photojournalist arrived this afternoon in Madrid after being released by the Libyan authorities on Wednesday afternoon. Flanked by his parents and with the warmth of his friends, wearing shirts in support of her devoted applause and congratulations, Brabo has told how she was his arrest and the days spent in the dungeons of the regime of Gaddafi.

The photographer was covering the conflict between rebels and Libyan troops since mid-March. "The stepping cagamos one day more than what we had to tread. There was a counter-attack 'gadafos' and we were on the front line, the army of Pancho Villa began to run," he explained. "They fired on us, I tried to leave the road.

We got caught and I do not know, everything was like a movie: you fry with rifle butts, put you in a pickup ...", he continued. He was in the vicinity of Brega, near Clare Morgan Gillis, Jim Foley, two American reporters, and Anton Hammerl, South African journalist. "We already know Anton," he said of his unfortunate companion.

The reporter tried to "engage some of the fleeing vehicle," according to the account of Brabo, but was last seen "pale and with his guts out" when others were climbing the gadafista forced into a vehicle. "I do not know what happened to him," Brabo said. The reporter, 30, said he "never lost hope" and that in their imagination to design a "rescue of the Navy Seals" and "praying that any witnesses recount what had happened." Claims to be "blown away" with what happened and the support he has received from her fellow journalists and friends, who put on platforms on Facebook, collected signatures and staged marches to demand her release, along with his family.

"I do not know how I can thank me and how I deserved this ... You are the host." Shortly after their arrest, the journalists were taken to a military prison in Tripoli. "I spent 12 days alone in a military facility, where I underwent four hours of interrogation," said in a press conference.

"The interviews always started well, saying that Spain and Libya were friends and that Libyans were celebrating victory in the World Cup. But then I had just accused of espionage," he said. He was then transferred to a jail with common criminals, sharing a cell with eight other prisoners.

"It's better in jail, I prefer to isolation," said Gijón. "One day, I talked with my family and since then I felt better. I found that they knew much more than me," he demonstrated not influenced Brabo losing a point of irony. The following days were followed with absurd appearances in court, until he was taken to a villa.

"I found a bed, two books in English, a mirror and a fish dish with shrimp," he said. "But NATO bombed four hours later and we returned to the military facility," he continued. However, the next day led to another house, Brabo called "the fattening farm." "We were treated well and that gave us people we seem to eat much." She does not regret having gone to Libya to cover the conflict, but now Manu Brabo wants to be with his family and friends.

"I want to rest, try to make normal life," he said. "The day I caught was living the dream of my life was doing what I wanted. You assume that anything can happen, but you never think will happen to you. I do not regret it," he said Manu, moved by the welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment