Cairo. .- The Egyptian authorities have reopened today the border crossing with the Gaza Strip on a permanent basis, for the first time since June 2007 with the aim of strengthening the inter-Palestinian reconciliation, official sources confirmed to Efe. The passage opened at 09.00 local time (07.00 GMT) and will remain open until 18:00 (16:00 GMT) every day of the week except Fridays and holidays.
- Relief Flows as Egypt Opens Gaza Border (28/05/2011)
- Egypt Permanently Opens Gaza Border Crossing (28/05/2011)
- Egypt permanently opens Gaza border crossing, eases its 4-year blockade of ... - Washington Post (28/05/2011)
- Egypt reopens border with Gaza (28/05/2011)
- Egypt reopens border with Gaza - CNN (28/05/2011)