Monday, March 28, 2011

The Pakistani convicted of blasphemy regrets their lives in prison

Bibi Asia may become the first person to die executed for blasphemy in Pakistan. Mother of five children, was reported by a Muslim fundamentalist in June 2009 on charges of having insulted the Prophet Mohammed during an argument with several Muslim women who had refused to drink water that had touched the Christian, to consider "unclean." Bibi was arrested after a group of Muslims stormed his home, near Lahore, and assaulted their children.

A Pakistani court sentenced to death for blasphemy. According to local press, at the trial revealed that she never uttered insults against Muhammad. Now, from the prison where he is held captive, says that nobody can understand what is going because he is innocent, adding that despite the attention his case has received international level, living conditions have not changed.

In an interview published Sunday italianoLa Repubblica daily, Asia Bibi explains that their world is confined within the four walls of the jail where he is and that "every minute" seems "the last." In the interview, said he has heard "many things" on the international debate that has raised his case but that "fuss" has been "no change" in their lives.

Regrets that two more people had supported Pakistan, "who made their voices heard" by her, have died, in reference to the Punjab Governor Salman Taseer and Minister Shahbaz Bhatti, both killed this year for having an active campaign for reforming the harsh anti-blasphemy laws. Asia Bibi explained that, despite not having committed any crime, everyone in the prison that is looks as if it were the most terrible person living in the world.

" "What worries me are my daughters, who are suffering with me. I feel as if my whole family had been convicted. This makes me sad and grieving as if responsible, as if it had been me who missed something," said . He also expressed his desire to offer their daughters a "safe life" in a place other than Pakistan, but stressed that it might not live to see that future.

He commented that if it was released, her family and she could not "survive" in Pakistan, because, as he said, would stop extremists will "never" at peace. "I am a marked woman, but my faith is strong and I believe that God will answer my prayers," said Bibi, who explicaque his greatest dream is to meet Pope Benedict XVI.

"I have said he has spoken to me and that gave me much hope. I was pushed to continue to live and made me feel as if everyone supported me," he adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment