Saturday, August 13, 2011

Breivik says he called the police ten times before killing

The far-right Anders Breivik Behring called the police several times to surrender, and getting no answer went on the killing of a youth camp in the Norwegian island of Utøya, reports on Friday the newspaper 'Aftenposten'. "Long before he was captured, called the police. He says he called ten times and they answered two.

He introduced himself as commander and gave his full name," he told Norwegian newspaper lawyer, Geir Lippestad. According to Breivik's own statements during questioning on Tuesday and Wednesday, had shown a willingness to surrender and asked for confirmation that he had accepted his proposal.

"It ensures that responses received did not understand and asked him to call back, so to inform him that his message of surrender had been received," said Lippestad who has requested to listen to recordings of the phone used by Breivik, supposedly the of a victim, and could not find yours.

After pausing waiting for a call from the authorities, who never came, Breivik decided to continue the shots to be captured minutes later, his lawyer said. Survivors of the massacre have related that Breivik paused for several minutes during the shooting, which could coincide with the time called the police.

Lippestad believes that the far-right thought it had fulfilled its objective and also wanted to avoid being killed. The Norwegian police has confirmed that the central south district of Buskerud received and recorded a conversation with Breivik. In the double attack by him last day 22, killed 77 people, eight of them by exploding a car bomb in the government complex Høyblokka in Oslo and the other 69 in the subsequent shootout in the camp of the youth social- in that island.

A witness said the public broadcaster NRK that he saw police Breivik dress with a helmet and protective clothing after parking the car bomb outside Høyblokka. To carry a gun, then go up and lead a civilian vehicle in the opposite direction a distance eyewitness made the registration, which facilitated the police after the blast, which helped identify Breivik.

According to calculations by NRK, the car bomb parked ten minutes remained near the government complex. According to the Chief of Security Høyblokka, Jon Ivar Mehus is not unusual for strangers car park in front of the complex. "In principle a parked car is not a potential danger. It is something that happens often," said Mehus to NRK.

Another Norwegian media, the tabloid 'VG', reported that a survivor of the massacre Utøya, the 17 year old Anzor Djoukaev, was detained for 17 hours after the shooting on suspicion of being an assistant Breivik. After remaining in police custody in Utøya was transferred to the Commissioner of Hønefoss, where he was sent to a cell of 3.5 square meters with bath and a mattress on the floor.

The questioning did not occur until the next morning and without a lawyer present, police confirmed to the newspaper, he admitted that his family feared he had been one of the victims, was not informed by "mistake." "I thought they were crazy for believing I could have done something," he said to 'VG' Djoukaev, who said the agents were suspicious of him because he did not seem affected by the tragedy.

Police said the cause of arrest was that other survivors reacted to the reserved attitude of the youth and his refusal to communicate, which led to suspicion.

No comments:

Post a Comment