Monday, March 14, 2011

Rescue a man who was dragged 15 miles offshore by the tsunami

Tokyo. .- A Japanese navy destroyer has rescued a 60-year-old who was dragged 15 miles offshore by the tsunami last Friday, as reported by Kyodo news agency quoted Defense Ministry sources Japan. The man, identified as Hiromitsu Shinkawa and resident of the city of Minamisoma was seen this morning when he waved a red flag from a piece of roof.

The man was dragged along with his entire house for the giant wave that swept the region of Fukushima. Shinkawa, who was conscious and in good health, told how the tsunami hit his home when he returned with his wife to pick up some furniture after the earthquake. "I was saved because I got on the roof, but my wife has been dragged by the current," he said.

After his rescue, was airlifted to a hospital. "No helicopter or boat who has spent nearly saw me ... I thought today would be the last day of my life," said

No comments:

Post a Comment