Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Music: When Bach, Brahms and Chopin dictated their works from the beyond

Rosemary Brown has a great holiday of Easter with family in Wales. Beethoven and Liszt came to see, which would soon forget the cold she had caught during a trip to Devil's Bridge. The presence of the composers was nothing extraordinary, says Ms. Brown. Liszt, in particular, is one of his oldest friends.

It appeared the first time (whatever she does is not immediately identified) when she was 7 years, promising to send him to music when she grew up. He reappeared many years later, in 1964, and since he regularly visits at her home in Balham, south London. TV inspires sometimes caustic comments.

"I think that TV would have been a good medium for him," says Ms. Brown without a shadow of a smile. "It is also very interested in space travel. It is a very generous man, very cultured, very devout. "And also very organized. Past six years, he has presented Bach, Brahms, Chopin, Debussy, Grieg, Rachmaninoff, Schubert and Schumann.

One after another, those masters have dictated to Ms. Brown's original compositions, some of which will be published this week [early April 1970] on his first album. Which has a generous offer at Philips Records, which has cautiously entitled "Music of Rosemary Brown ... inspired by Liszt, Chopin, etc.." Such caution is understandable, even if no one doubts the sincerity of Mrs Brown .

Our medium is estimated that these great composers use the deceased as both receiver and transmitter as. So far it has received more than 400 compositions, and somewhere in the afterlife composers are lining up to give him more. "He has all sorts of people who call themselves composers, she says.

But Liszt tries to channel it plays the role of the reception desk. Of course, sometimes there are parasites. One day when Chopin was working with me, an intruder tried to sneak. Chopin then said something in a language that seemed to be Polish. I memorized the words and I translated the following day.

Chopin said: 'Go away'. "Every composer, provides Brown has his way of working. "Liszt took control of my hands," she continues. He uses them as gloves. I play music several times, then I write. Chopin blows me notes on the piano and put my fingers on the correct keys. If it's a song, Schubert tries to sing, but he has not a very good voice.

Beethoven and Bach prefer that I'm sitting at table with paper and pencil - and then they give me the key, tempo, his left hand and right hand. "Ms. Brown is a widow and mother of two children, a daughter and a boy, and his musical education is very poor. "Sometimes I ask the composers' Why me?" and Liszt me that I have this extrasensory perception and that in any way, professional pianists are always too busy.

"One thing is sure, they watch over her. "One day we Chopin avoided a flood. My daughter was out of the bathroom after you open the faucet of the tub without my knowing. I sat quietly with Chopin, when suddenly he stopped me dictate his music and seemed very agitated. He began to speak in French.

And I finally realized he was saying: 'The bath will be engulfed. " I rushed to the bathroom, the tub was about to overflow. It's amazing what Chopin is helpful. After that, I think I started to feel more comfortable with him. "Some critics point out that the compositions" inspired "by Ms.

Brown include musical phrases from other works, but it does not leave throw for so little: "The music sends me Bach is like nothing he wrote during his lifetime, and some say, therefore, this music can not be him. For me, on the contrary, is proof that the compositions are genuine. "The authenticity of these" compositions ", for his part gave grist to the Performing Right Society [PRS become for Music, equivalent to SACEM].

But she has just made its verdict. "They decided that the compositions are original, despite some repetition. And as it is I who am writing scores, the rights come back to me. "This decision is both fair and reasonable, said Ms. Brown. "I mean, Liszt and others no longer need the money too ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment